Termites are a huge problem that could end up costing you thousands of dollars in damages to your property. The National Pest Management Association (NPMA), and The Termite Boys want to help you protect your property from termites! It isn’t always possible for someone to see evidence of a termite infestation on their property, but these 6 tips might help you.
- The first tip is if you find any Mud Tubes which are small mud structures about 1-2mm in diameter. These tubes are used by termites to travel from the nest to areas where they feed, so finding them is a direct indication to a termite infestation.
- If you find soft wood around the home ,and if the wood in question sounds hallow when you knock on it this is also a direct indication of a termite infestation.
- If in your home or property you find bubbling paint; this is not always a sign of termites but should be noted and monitored.
- On your property if you notice wood seems to be darkening, or blistering these are almost always signs of a termite infestation.
- Look around your property for small piles of termite feces which resembles sawdust.
- Check for old discarded wings near the door ways, or on windowsills these are usually indicative of swarming insects like termites entering your home.
If you find any of these signs in your home, or are concerned that you still have a termite problem contact The Termite Boys today. As mentioned earlier termite infestation signs might not be visible at all to the owner, so having annual inspections could save you thousands in property damage. Contact The Termite Boys today, and never have to worry about termites again we can handle any termite problem! Call The Termite Boys today for fast reliable termite services in the greater Boston area.
Follow The Termite Boys on our social media accounts to stay up to date with the latest information, and deals!