The Termite Boys are interested in providing you with information about termites that can help you better protect your property from termites in the future. That is why we created this list on interesting facts about termites to better educate our customers. Commonly homeowners or property owners think they understand about termites, but really don’t understand the basics about termites. Read over our list of interesting termite facts to better educate yourself about termites.
- Termites have been around since the time of the dinosaurs, and have been destroying wood since.
- The common nickname for termites is the “silent destroyers” because of their ability to destroy your homes wood while going mostly undetected.
- There are over 2,000 different species of termites around the world.
- The most destructive species of termites is called the subterranean termites which are able to feed for 24 hours straight 7 days a week.
- The 4 most common termite species found in the United States are subterranean termites, Formosan termites, Damp wood termites, Dry wood termites.
- Annually termites cause more than $20 Billion in property damage.
- Termite colonies on average have about 2 million members to each colony.
- Termites are so common that they are found in 70% of the countries across the world.
- Termites are so successful that their numbers are 10 to 1 ratio with that of humans.
- Termite queens can lay up to 40,000 eggs in a single day.
If you have any more questions about termites of how you can better protect your home or business from termites contact The Termite Boys today. The Termite Boys have been protecting the greater Boston area for over 30 years, all while being family owned and operated. See why so many in the greater Boston area have choose The Termite Boys to protect their home or business from termites!
Follow The Termite Boys on our social media accounts to stay up to date with the latest information, and deals!